Project Engineer Position
The project engineer will support the management and field staff by coordinating all shop drawings, processing submittals and gathering/distributing information. Core tasks will revolve around supporting the project management team and being a liaison between the estimating department and the client.
- Prepare internal/external job reports pertaining to job status.
- Analyze/mitigate constraints.
- RFI/RFQ/ASI/Bulletin and all changes throughout the construction process.
- Submittal Log/Project specification/Product Pricing and Research
- Change Order Request and contract management.
- Take off/Shop drawing development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail, strong initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Time management skills, with the ability to handle various responsibilities while meeting strict deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, engineering and or business – preferred but not necessary.
- 1-5 years construction experience preferred – but not necessary.
- Understanding of construction processes and the ability to read/interpret plans.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, On Screen take off, Procore and timberline preferred but not required. Will train the right applicant.
- Strong team player with a positive attitude.
- Proactive, self-motivated, innovative, collaborative, multi-tasker, creative and analytical.
- Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan and see the “big picture”.