The Painting Intern Under direction, prepares surfaces and applies paints and other coating materials to a variety of interior and exterior surfaces and structures from ground level and/or scaffolding, ladders, staging, and scissor/boom lifts at various heights with the use of brushes, rollers, spray equipment and another hand/power tools consistent with the painting trade and cares for and cleans equipment and tools; also performs other related duties as required.
- Following all company, federal, state, and local safety guidelines.
- Responsible for getting him/herself to the job site on time.
- Productively complete work safely, efficiently, and with high quality.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures as outlined in company handbook/other literature.
- Proper care and maintenance of company equipment (i.e., safety equipment, hand tools, lifts etc.)
- Effectively manage time and complete all designated work within the specified time.
- Exercise reasonable judgment in determining means and methods to safely produce a quality product.
- Work in a team and coordinate work functions with fellow workers.
- Work as a self-motivated team player.
On the Job Training Provided/ Medical Clearance:
- Must take a post-offer physical
- OSHA 10 Training
- Lift training prior to operating any scissor/boom and/or mechanically operated lift.
- Other training required to perform work safely Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl.
- Work while wearing Personal Protective Equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, etc).
- Bend, crawl, walk, kneel, sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Perform heavy physical labor and manual dexterity, including bending, crawling, kneeling, stooping, climbing, twisting, reaching, carrying, and lifting heavy objects weighing up to 75lbs.
"*" indicates required fields